Well, I'm pretty sure most of you know what a handful Drew is. This is an account of a couple Sundays ago:
We walked in from church, where he was NOT a good boy in class. When I mean not good, I'm not talking about talking when it's not his turn or leaning back in his chair. I'm talking about running out of class and taking off down the street to the carwash. Or beating a fellow class member up. Or seeing how many times he can say the word POOP before he really gets in trouble. Darrin doesn't come home with us cuz he stays to do his business. I started making lunch and didn't see or hear Drew (SCARY).
Me: Drew, where are you?
D: In time out(which is on our stairs)
Me: What are you doing?
D: Repenting
Me: For what?
D: For being bad at church.
I walked around the corner to see him "reading" his pocket sized Book of Mormon! It was classic. We discussed that repenting means we try not to do it ever again. Uh Huh...right back to the same behavior this last Sunday. My Mom tried to explain to him that he should try to be really good at church because one day when he's bigger he'll probably teach primary. To which he replied..."How do you even get that JOB? I don't think they'd ever give that job to me."
We walked in from church, where he was NOT a good boy in class. When I mean not good, I'm not talking about talking when it's not his turn or leaning back in his chair. I'm talking about running out of class and taking off down the street to the carwash. Or beating a fellow class member up. Or seeing how many times he can say the word POOP before he really gets in trouble. Darrin doesn't come home with us cuz he stays to do his business. I started making lunch and didn't see or hear Drew (SCARY).
Me: Drew, where are you?
D: In time out(which is on our stairs)
Me: What are you doing?
D: Repenting
Me: For what?
D: For being bad at church.
I walked around the corner to see him "reading" his pocket sized Book of Mormon! It was classic. We discussed that repenting means we try not to do it ever again. Uh Huh...right back to the same behavior this last Sunday. My Mom tried to explain to him that he should try to be really good at church because one day when he's bigger he'll probably teach primary. To which he replied..."How do you even get that JOB? I don't think they'd ever give that job to me."
Comments
I know that I can't complain b/c my little one is just starting to walk and can't really talk yet...so she's not too much trouble...but I agree that Church can be rough. The repentance story sure is cute though. :)