so while I'm reflecting on the past...



Kim, these are specifically for you. Remember how we wanted an adventure while our boys were gone on missions? RUSSIA...Finland, Sweden, Estonia...GOOD TIMES! A few things to remember:
1. We never really had great hair days while there. Did we even have electricity?
2. Why is it that we were wearing clothes that made us look bigger even though we were at our skinniest?
3. There's nothing like a drunk Russian man with massive B.O. smashed against you in a PACKED metro or bus...AAHHH the sweet aroma is surfacing all kinds of memories.
By the way, how did we fit comfortably in a twin bed at that hostel in Finland? That is lame that we didn't all get our own beds...

Comments

Kim said…
Are you kidding? Don't you ever post a picture of me when I look like that. Couldn't you have rounded up something better than that. Of course you pick the ones where you are looking at your best. Those were some good times and an adventure it was!! I don't know how we ever dared do it.
No, we didn't have blow dryers and curling irons. Heck we didn't have water to drink or really anything to eat.
Here are a few of my fondest memories:
Michelle, the apartment, ramen noodles, blue bunny ice cream bars, bread with snickers spread, the dog peeing in my room all over my stuff, my manly grandma who was in the mafia, your hip mom trying to be so teenagerish, the whole transportation system, our fanny packs, Borris, Elder Trusdale, our "cruise", buying sweaters in Estonia -(yes 3 sizes to big) Sleeping at that Finish boys house that Michelle tried to marry, getting in the sauna, hanging out in a church in Finland, going to the Sweeden temple, leaving out of a backpack,you eating your $10 ice cream off the cement, indian food, no mail, all of our 10 second phone calls home that you thought were free, traveling 2 hours to Chris & Amy's for an e-mail, Trudy, Travis & Adam, Borris, throwing our food out the window, the scary elevators, not being able to do our laundry, freezing, Kolya singing "sold" by John Michael Mongommery, and singing "Were coming to America" every night. The list goes on and on! I am soo glad we had that awesome experience together. Someday lets take Darrin and Jason back with us.
Kelly said…
Andrea... SO FUN! I always have to see what you and Darrin are up to. I smiled from ear to ear looking at you and Kim's photos. I sure miss the good ol days back in provo I loved having you and Kim around. You two always seemed to put on such Great preformances for me in my room. Singing,dancing and Chanting. I would have to agree Darrin and Jason did Luck Out getting you too! I'm so glad you got a fun date night in. Your kids are darling! I can tell you are a Awesome Mom. What Lucky Kids!
Kim's little sister, Kelly
LaRee said…
Andrea, Hello my friend! I was laughing about the Russian comments! I know that BO smell all to well! So sick!