SYdnEY

This is one of those posts that I've been thinking about a lot lately. We took Sydney to a different ENT for a second opinion for her ears. She still has a really hard time hearing even after the surgeries. This Dr. explained things a lot better to us and also let Darrin and me look into the microscope to see Syd's ear drums. She has 3 holes in one and one hole in the other. This isn't necessarily causing all the damage, but does play a factor in her hearing loss...that of a middle aged man, I might add!! Anyway, most likely, my little eight year old is going to have to have hearing aids. She is not happy about it. We have explained that Drew wears braces for his legs and she will wear hearing aids so she can hear. But we are also praying for a huge miracle. So, if those of you reading this wouldn't mind adding her to your prayers, it would mean alot to our family. We will deal...there are far worse things in life, but we are hoping for a miraculous restoration of her hearing. She has another hearing test in 3 weeks and we have our fingers crossed. Also, today, my Mom started her 6th round of chemo and I just wanted to give her a shout out...you are half way there!!! You are so strong and we love you! "Be not afraid, only believe"

Comments

Rachel said…
we're in. the earnests will be praying and pulling for sweet sydney. my heart goes out to her, especially with the minor incident we had with jackie. all our love and prayers are with you.
mindy said…
I will add all of you to my prayers. I think of you every day and hope that things start to get a little better all around.
El Tigre said…
We will definitely pray for Sydney as well! And we'll keep praying for your mom too! We sure love you guys!
Nikki said…
Sydney will be in my prayers, as will your mother.

Send me your email address so we can figure out a time to get together and have some scrap fun! nmcdougal@gmail.com
Sydney will definately be in our prayers....we love you guys and will be praying and thinking of you.
LaRee said…
You are in my prayers!
Kim said…
Count us in! They say that the Lord gives challenges to those who can handle them. I think the Overson family must be a strong one! We will continue to pray for your mom too. Good Luck with everything!
Tiffany said…
We'll definitely add her to our prayers too! We love you guys!!
Hillary said…
We love you guys! Of course we will pray for Sydney! As we all know Miracles do happen!
Angie said…
We love you guys, and you are in our thoughts. I have gained a real testimony of the power of prayer in the last year, and we'll send some of it your way!
Holly Child said…
Oh, bless your hearts! I had no idea! I'll keep Syd, and your mom, in our prayers!