Ear update

Many of you have asked what the outcome is with Sydney...she had her appointment yesterday and she will be getting hearing aids...to the tune of $3000-$4000. PLEASE tell me why insurance doesn't cover this????? I digress...don't even get me started on that...anyway, we want you all to know how grateful we are for your love, prayers & fasting & support. Many of you put her on prayer rolls around the country, and we thank you all for that as well. We are anxious to get her hearing again and although she is nervous, we know it will all work out. Thanks again to all of you! We love you!

Comments

shannon said…
LOVE you! LOVE you! LOVE you Sydney!!
Just tell your mom to buy you REALLY cute earrings to wear with your darling hair and NO ONE will ever know you even have hearing aids! The earrings and hair will draw all the attention, that and you dang CUTE face!

I will donate to the Sydney hearing aid fund...and if you don't let me, then I'll buy her cute earrings.

XOXOXOXOX!!!!!!! a million times!

PS-Lunch was fun! We need to do it more often!
mindy said…
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that they are so expensive and not covered.
Megan B said…
Ugh.... as if dealing with a disappointed, self-conscious pre-teen won't be difficult enough, you get to pay and arm and a leg for the privilege... Man, I'm sorry!
Angie said…
Bless her heart. And you know, hearing is optional, right? That's probably why insurance doesn't cover it. ;) Love to you guys.
Terri said…
Cooks send love to all of you from the HOT! (100degrees today) Persian Gulf. Cairo can't wait to play with Sydney. So sorry about the huge expense. It will all work out. xoxoxo
Holly Mc said…
Love you so much! Remember you are always in our prayers! Maybe we should have a hearing aid shower for Syd (like the shower for Natalie's wigs) I have some pictures of your cute family at Tay's farewell. I'll get them to you! Kiss the kids for me!
Love,
Holly
Allie said…
Goodness how is that so expensive? I can't believe insurance doesn't cover it! Well at least we are blessed to have hearing aids available to us! Hope everything goes well!
Nikki said…
That's horrible that the insurance won't cover that! I'm sorry it's so expensive.
Anonymous said…
We love you Sid... Life is full of challenges and yet this challenge could become and opportunity for Sid to inspire others.. Keep us posted.

Love ya
Nat
Adam and Melisa said…
Is loss of hearing a "pre-existing" condition or what?...sorry about the insurance...it's always a joke! Hope things go well for Syd...I'm sure she'll be fine! We will be thinking of her!
Kim said…
Andrea you are a great mom. I know how lucky your kids are to have you. Good Luck with everything. Just one more thing to keep life exciting. Insurance is such a JOKE! Hang In there!