One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days when you wake up and think to yourself, "today is going to be the best day ever. I'm going to get my kids off to school, run some errands, pick up Drew from kindergarten, make a delicious lunch, put Ethan down for a peaceful 2 hour nap, read a pile of books to my 5 year old, pick up Syd from school, get homework done, head off to the dentist, make a scrumptious dinner, have a fabulous FHE consisting of reading the scriptures and playing games even though Dad's out of town, and getting my ever so happy, non-fighting children to bed by 8. Then I can get on the elliptical and have a bath and read a book....or scrap."

OH...Wait....REALITY hits and the day goes more like this...drop the kids off at school, run a couple errands, pick up Drew, make pb & j for lunch (not that delicious), Ethan takes NO nap, Drew has no interest in reading with me, pick up Syd from school, she forgot to bring HOME the homework, head to the dentist, go through the McDonald's drive thru for a much less than scrumptious dinner, clean up the 20 oz. powerade that was dumped on the floor when Drew was putting his straw in it, fish Ethan out of the toilet (at least there was nothing "special"in it!), bathe and sterilize him, have FHE consisting of a scripture story out of the easy reader, breaking up 100 fights between my two eldest, and getting them to bed. AAAHHH....instead of getting on the elliptical I think I will finish off the pan of brownies and wash it down with a Dr. Pepper. Maybe I can have a bath after I wash the trail of dirty clothes I have picked up on the way to my room. Excerise can wait...too tired. Want to sleep...................................at least I dressed my kids in green today to avoid the pinching at school. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
I feel ya, sister. I HATE days like that!!!
Allie said…
I feel like that's me everday!
Holly Child said…
hahahaha!! Your post made me totally laugh!! Seriously, who has days like the one in your first scenario! If you ever do find someone who does, tell me...so I can punch her lights out! ;o)
Angie said…
Been there, done that! I am all about the brownies and Dr. Pepper, especially when Tyler is out of town. You deserve a reward just for making it through the day!
mindy said…
Uh, every single day. I too ate brownies instead of going to the gym. Hope tomorrow is better.
Kelly said…
Andrea, Thanks for the laugh! That sounded pretty close to my day! Happy to hear you polished the day off with a yummy treat that always helps!
Hillary said…
You hit the nail on the head. That sounds just like everyday this last week at my house. I just wish I would of had brownies to eat! Love Hill
Unknown said…
I have done that so many times since having Shaylie that I wake up thinking that it will be the best day ever and by the time Ken gets home I am so done! Sorry your hubby was gone! Glad you had brownies and Dr Pepper! That sounds good!
Tiffany said…
I love planning the day out in your head before it actually happens...I think every day would be perfect if I could just stay in bed and think about it... :)

Sorry to hear about the bad day...hopefully today went a little better. :)
Adam and Melisa said…
What?....no spanking?