A birthday party...




Well, not really, but kind of. This year for my birthday I wanted to hang out as a family. So we set out to the Living Planet Aquarium (Thanks, Nikki) in Sandy. The kids had a good time looking at all the creatures, and Ethan was the only one willing to stick his hands into the tank of stingrays. We had a yummy lunch, a treat from DQ (cuz let's be honest, if it's my birthday, I'm not gonna start dieting ), a couple visits from friends, and then Darrin and I went on a date. Bombay House (Indian) was on the top of my to do list this year. We hadn't been there for so long and I love the food! Then we went to a movie, but got a call from Darrin's sister who was babysitting saying that Ethan had woken up and was throwing up...AAHHH!! I hate those phone calls. So we left the movie early & headed home to a very sick baby and a very calm and helpful Stephanie. Poor girl...I don't know who I felt more sorry for, her or Ethan! So, after a long night of constant throwing up, 3 loads of laundry, & me sleeping on Ethan's floor, I would say it was an eventful birthday. And a fun one, overall. Now Syd has the pukies and I'm praying Drew doesn't get it. And Stephanie has it too, which makes me feel really bad, especially with finals this week! Sorry, Steph! So there you go...one year older and "wiser" too...whatever.

Comments

mindy said…
Happy Birthday!! Sorry for being the worst VT ever. I did think of you all day. Glad you had a good day until the puke started. So sad. Hope everyone is over it soon!
Adam and Melisa said…
I should say that staying up all night while the kids puke makes you at least 5 years older and you lose half your brain cells trying to function the next day! Happy Birthday anyway...at least you had good food...right?
Angie said…
Happy belated birthday! At least most of it was happy. Sorry to hear your kiddos are under the weather. Puking kids is the WORST. Hope everyone is better soon!
Megan B ♥ said…
Haaaaaaaaaaaappy BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

And aren't blogs great? I'm SO going to the living aquarium! I had never heard of it before!!!
Kirkhams said…
Happy Birthday Andrea! Sorry about the pukers! Hopefully you can stay far from that (is that really possible?) One night Sydney had it so bad we had the carpet cleaners come out to clean up the mess. It was worth every penny, but I was a little embarrassed at the same time. Hopefully you're next visit to Bombay House will be lengthy and yummy. Ever tried Thai food? Yum!!
wendy and brig said…
Happy Birthday Andrea. Sorry this message is late and you didn't get a phone call from me on your birthday. I really don't know what is wrong with my brain since I had Bennett, but I seem to forget EVERYTHING these days. Anyway please forgive me and I hope your kids and doing better.
I'll call you soon.
Tiffany said…
Oh Andrea...it did sound like the perfect birthday until the puking. I'm so sorry!! Oh well...at least you got to finish your dinner first. Hopefully the kids feel better soon!!
shannon said…
Oh NO!!! So sorry about the sick kids! Zero fun!
Let me know if you want me to drop some lunch off or something?
Kim said…
Happy Late Birthday! I honestly thought of you on the 19th and thought I would leave you a message on your blog. Now days later I am just getting to it. Well I am so sorry about all the sickness! That is one of the joys of having a family. One gets sick and it goes through the full family. And there is nothing like the throwing up sick. It's always a good reminder of why I shouldn't get pregnant. I was happy to hear that you went to the Bombay House. I made Jason take me there the other night and I thought of you. It had been YEARS since I had indian food and I was really wanting it. Anyway, You look like an 18 year old with your beautiful skin and skinny little body. Who would know that you were really 33? Happy Birthday!
Nikki said…
Happy belated birthday and I'm so sorry it had to end in the pukies! Cute pictures :)
dwarrencom said…
Darren it was fun to see you at Stawberry days... sign up on facebook so we can catch up a little more.

Darin Warren and Family... good to see you man.