Can you have a Christmas Miracle in April?

What I mean is, we actually had a quite successful family night tonight. You know the kind where gospel principles are taught and the attention span lasts the whole time? I prepared a lesson about missionaries and what we can do to be missionaries now and how to prepare for a mission. And we also talked about supporting the missionaries who are serving right now. Then we put together a package for Darrin's cousin, Taylor, who will be leaving the MTC soon. We wrote letters and drew pictures too. Then, we took cupcakes and a welcome card to the non member couple who moved in across the street. When we got home, the kids decorated their own cupcakes and snarfed those before heading off to bed. Aaaahhhh. It's always nice to have a few successes every once in a while. Chips & salsa, Pringles, and fruit gushers...what??? All the food groups will be represented when he washes it down with a glass of milk ;0)
Taylor and Drew at his farewell...er, I mean missionary talk!
p.s. I found this today when I was preparing: you can go to www.lds.org/churchmusic and find a song from the hymn book or children's songbook and play it from your computer!! I am very excited about this since we don't own a piano and I get tired of the whole accapella business. You can even change the key and tempo. It's great!

Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
Rock ON, Oversons!! That is a MARVELOUS idea, I'm so impressed! Mentally stowing this one away for future reference...
Angie said…
Congrats, you must be supermom! ;) We had Stake Conference a few weeks ago, and one of the visiting general authorities said that sometimes FHE at their house had been "the brawl that began and ended with prayer". I laughed so hard! It gave me hope for our family if FHE was even though at their house!
Moody Family said…
Hey Andrea!
I have an opening on the 14th if that works for you. Let me know. Did you want to do it with a backdrop or outside? I do backdrops in the morning and outside in the evening.
Holly Mc said…
You are the best! Elder Mc will be so excited to get your package! Did you include some pictures? He would love that as well! He always said that Drew was his hero! Thanks again! love ya!!
Melissa Sebourn said…
Thanks for taking care of my bro! How was the chicken? I made it tonight and we ate it w/tortilla chips . . . I highly recommend it!
Kim said…
What a Mom! Good an productive FHE's are HARD to come by in our house. Loved that Darrin was in there helping too. Maybe I need to try that one out with my own family.