A Proposal

I just have to give a shout out to my darling little niece ( I guess she's not so little anymore, but she's still darling). She's 18. She just got dropped off at her school of secondary education. Days before she left, she got a marriage proposal. If you want to hear a funny story, keep reading. If not, go away. She was peeling wallpaper at a fellow ward member's house, looking her best sweaty, wearing sweats, hair in a ponytail (I'm sure she still looked cute). In walks a boy whom she met ONE time approximately 4 years ago when a small group of youth hitched a ride together to ??? for EFY.
Boy--"Lisa, will you please come down from the ladder?"
Lisa-"Why, can't you just talk to me from down there?"
Boy--"I have something I want to ask you."
Lisa-"OK"
Boy--(Proceeds to get down on one knee) "I have been in love with you since the day we met. Will you marry me?"
Lisa-"No."
Boy--"Will you pray about it?"
Lisa-"No, I don't need to."
Let's back up a little...I left out a VERY important detail...this RM has only been home 3 days when he proposed to a girl he met once & never dated. For Real???
**I don't know the exact wording of my niece, but it's close. And I changed her name for privacy reasons. And I have not mentioned where she is going to school or where she went for EFY. You never know who reads your blog! And if you are reading, Mr. Inahurrytogetmarried, REALLY? Come on!!**

Comments

mindy said…
Wow, I seriously can't believe that. Holy cow!!
Tiffany said…
That's pretty awesome (in a "that guy is bizarre" kind of way). I'm glad that she handled it so nicely. :)
Kim said…
Crazy! Must look like her Aunt Andrea and the boys just can't resist.
Unknown said…
That is so funny! I bet she was glad to get away!
Allie said…
Thats hilarious! My roommate in college had some guy she dated twice say he had prayed about it and they were supposed to get married!!
Megan B ♥ said…
Oh, I am so sad for him! He's going to have a LONG road ahead of him if he keeps this up! Somebody stop him! Anybody, intervene!! I'm glad she was able to deal with it so maturely. I went to BYU enough years to know that some girls might have come right down off that ladder and accepted the offer!
Angie said…
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. And good for her!
shannon said…
Coo-Coo-Ka-Choo!
Kirkhams said…
You wonder what some of these boys are thinking about on these missions! I love the Waldo pictures of Ethan! He's getting so big and cute!
Nikki said…
Poor, miserable, horny RM's.
Anonymous said…
this guy has watched too many "true love at first sight" disney movies.
I have ONE question... If he went on a mission and dwelled on this the whole time, came home and still believed this was a "real" feeling, had faith, search, pondered and prayed.... Then, is the church really true????
BAHAHA jk