She's all ears...


Today was the big day for Syd. She got her pink sparkly hearing aids!! So far, she is adjusting well to being able to hear things she hasn't picked up for a while, like turning pages in a book or Ethan's little noises . Getting used to the "noise" and the feel of having the molds in her ears is an adjustment, but all in all, she's very excited to hear better. There was a big fuss made over her new "skull candy" at school, and for the most part everyone was nice. I guess there were a couple kids who made some rude comments...and why is it that THAT is what she remembers instead of all the nice things her friends/classmates said? I can't stand that! Her hair covers her ears anyway, so you can see from the picture that she has to pull her hair back in order to see them! She looks extremely angry in this picture, but she wasn't... She was concentrating on her homework assignment! (you can get a closer view by clicking on the actual image...)

Comments

Nikki said…
She beautiful! And pink sparkly hearing aids? That's AWESOME!!! That really must be something else to all of a sudden be able to hear so much that you couldn't before. Exciting... if it were me, I'd be stressed out by it (noise stresses me anyway). So I can understand how that could be a huge adjustment.
Megan B ♥ said…
Oh, you tell Miss Sydney that I think they are BEAUTIFUL! I love anything that is pink and sparkly!

WHY are kids mean? I just don't understand it!! Why be so unkind?

VERY exciting for you all!! I'm glad she'll be able to hear better. You know, when you ask her to do her chores and stuff :)
mindy said…
Yea! So glad she can hear everything now. I think that it would seem so noisy. Sorry for those few kids who were mean. Hope she keeps feeling okay about this.
Holly Child said…
They look so cute! Love the sparkly pink! :o)

Darn kids!!! I swear....
They're probably just ticked that they're not getting any attention for anything and so they have to take it out on someone who is!! Grrr....
shannon said…
They look GREAT Syd!!!

FHE-congrats...

And Ethan is so dang cute walking!!!
That means trouble, but you already know that. :)

Miss you!

xoxo
Angie said…
She's gorgeous! And what a brave young lady. We're proud of you for not going to school to take care of those meanies yourself. I would have been tempted! ;)
Megan B ♥ said…
Ooh, Oooh! LOVE the new blog look! I've been thinking of changing mine up recently.
Tiffany said…
Kids are dumb...(the mean ones that is)

I was one of those kids that always wanted to wear glasses...so I probably would've been jealous of Syd's hearing aids as a kid. I think they're awesome!

Also, your kids are super adorable.
Hillary said…
Syd I love the hearing aids. Pink and sparkley was a great pick. We can't wait to see them. We love you Hill
McAllister's said…
Syd I know a little about the teasing, I had glasses in grade school and always got made fun of. But those aren't the people that matter. Your family and friends that love you will always be honest with you and they are awesome!!
Melissa Sebourn said…
Hi Syd, you're beautiful and I can't wait to see you this summer! Also I can't wait for Eden to get to play w/you I hope she grows up to be as pretty, smart and nice as you are!