I'm gonna BARF!!!

OOhhh, maybe I shouldn't have named the post that...no, I'm not pregnant! Before I write about this disturbing instance, I'd like to give a small preface. I hate mice. I hate rats. I can't STAND them. I think there is nothing cute about them. They are gross with their nasty long tails everywhere. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, but when I watch the movies, I cover my eyes when they show "Scabbers". I loved the book "A Book of a Thousand Days" by Shannon Hale, but was nauseated through most of the beginning. Heck, even watching Ratatouille makes my stomach churn a bit, if we're being honest. So, a couple weeks ago I took all 3 kids to the local grocery store a couple blocks away to run in and get the 3 or 4 items I needed to make dinner. We were making great progress, heading to the dairy section to grab Ethan's Vit D milk when 2 girls that were approaching us caught my attention. I saw something moving around and just as Sydney was spitting out the words, "Mom, don't look over there.....", I saw them. Yes, them. One of the girls was casually doing her shopping with TWO, not one...TWO rats crawling all over her shoulders. One was white, the other black and white. I literally wanted to vomit. I quickly veered off to an uncharted aisle...I think it was the ethnic aisle, and I wasn't planning on making enchiladas or chow mein. Anyway, we hurried faster than any other visit to the store that particular day. Just as we were ready to go to the register, sweet Sydney warned me again and told me not to go that way quite yet! We waited until the coast was clear and paid for our things. When the cashier asked me how I was, this was my response, "Ummm, I'm better now that rat girl is gone!"
So, what kind of grocery store allows RODENTS ??? I don't care if they are "pets" crawling all over someone. Oh, it's been hard for me to erase the images from my mind, which is why it has taken me so long to write about it. Those tails just whipping around her neck and hair!!!!AAAHHHHH! SO GNARLY! Ask me if I've been back to that store...go ahead, try to figure it out on your own! Ha!

Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
Are you kidding? Seriously, who DOES that? And if it's the "local store" I fear it was, I'm just glad the rats were not running around on the shelves...
Allie said…
Gross! Thats just strange! A couple years ago we had a mouse in our house. It was horrible I couldn't stand living in my house knowing it was there.
Angie said…
You're right, that is totally nasty and just WRONG. What's wrong with that store, but even more, what's wrong with that girl?!?
Moody Family said…
That's so bad! When I worked in a dental office a woman walked in with a bird on her shoulder and when she turned to sit down, yeah, poo all down her back. We told her we don't allow pets. So what do you think she did, she put the bird in the womens bathroom!! Crazy how some people are so oblivious. Anyways, I am almost done with the pictures and will be posting more soon. Your family is awesome I didn't think they were too crazy ;)
Unknown said…
That is just sick and wrong!
wendy and brig said…
That is disgusting. I was at the park a few months ago and this little girls was riding around on her scooter with a big rat on her shoulder too. I was ready to throw-up. She kept following us where ever we went. It was driving me crazy and also my friend. The little girl was right by Bennetts stroller with that discusting rat. I could just see it in my mind the rat jumping in Bennetts stroller biting him. My friend told the girl to get away from him. She finally left us alone. I thought that was disgusting but in the store? I am not sure I would shop there ever again
Trav and Linds said…
That is disgusting! I seriously thought you were going to say that the rats were running around the store, and that was going to confirm why I hate the quick trips to that unamed store, but that is really just as gross!!!!
Trav and Linds said…
p.s- i am reading goose girl, (finally), while on vacation and i love it. i can't wait to finish it and read princess academy. thanks for the good reading ideas!