Ring ring goes my cell phone (while I'm doing some quick shopping at Costco with Ethan before I have to get to school for the cafeteria lunch date with Drew)
I look at the caller ID...Hmmmmm...the kid's school...
Me: Hello
Lady: Hello, is this Mrs. Overson?
Me: Pause...(Tell the truth, have you ever NOT wanted to admit it's you on the phone?) Uh, yes???
Lady: Ummm, well, during recess today, Drew ran off...
Me: SIGH (this has happened numerous times, especially when his teacher is gone for the day & they have a sub, which I knew they had today)
Lady: When we got him, he was soaking wet because there were sprinklers on and he ran through them. Is there any way you could bring him some dry clothes when you come for the lunch?
Me: Of course. I'm so sorry.
Hang up.
Oh, but wait, it's laundry day and he already had to wear his pair of jeans that he hates because he has to wear a belt. NO CLEAN PANTS! Yep. Mother of the year. So guess who sat through lunch in soaking wet pants? Drew. Kinda serves him right. Yep. Mother of the year.
I look at the caller ID...Hmmmmm...the kid's school...
Me: Hello
Lady: Hello, is this Mrs. Overson?
Me: Pause...(Tell the truth, have you ever NOT wanted to admit it's you on the phone?) Uh, yes???
Lady: Ummm, well, during recess today, Drew ran off...
Me: SIGH (this has happened numerous times, especially when his teacher is gone for the day & they have a sub, which I knew they had today)
Lady: When we got him, he was soaking wet because there were sprinklers on and he ran through them. Is there any way you could bring him some dry clothes when you come for the lunch?
Me: Of course. I'm so sorry.
Hang up.
Oh, but wait, it's laundry day and he already had to wear his pair of jeans that he hates because he has to wear a belt. NO CLEAN PANTS! Yep. Mother of the year. So guess who sat through lunch in soaking wet pants? Drew. Kinda serves him right. Yep. Mother of the year.
Comments
PS - I'm glad I found your blog!