Half skeleton...

Drew doesn't really enjoy school. Actually, I think he does, he just won't admit it. He gets teased for how he walks every now and then. He throws a fit every morning about eating lunch there...school lunch is gross & apparently the sandwiches I pack to eat there taste gross in that setting. Anyway, he's had early out everyday since he started 1st grade, so yesterday when I picked him up, this was our conversation:
M: Hey buddy, how was school today?
D: Good.
M:What did you have for lunch?
D: Pizza.
M: Was it good?
D: Yep.
M: Did you carry your own tray or did someone help you?
D: Carried it myself and didn't spill.
M: Good job.
D: You are half skeleton and half woman. (Then he went through the whole family...ending with Ethan being half skeleton, half baby)
M: Yep, that's right.
D: And we use fruits and vegetables as energy. Horses use hay as energy.
M:That's right! See, learning new things is fun, huh?
D: Ya, I guess. But I still don't like school.

Comments

Unknown said…
Good old school days...I got your comment and we do have some really awesome YW in our ward. Email me your phone number at locita615@hotmail.com if you want to talk about getting a baby sitter lined up:)
Adam and Melisa said…
Wow...that was a lot of details for one day. All I can get from Logan is ..."we sang a silly song."
Angie said…
I agree on the details. Well done Drew! I take it for granted that my kiddos are both so happy to go to school. Drew is such a trooper!
Megan B ♥ said…
On his way to becoming Dr. Overson, I love it :)
Holly Child said…
That makes me sad that he doesn't like school...especially for the reasons you listed! :o(
Hillary said…
Drew is the best! I just love that Kid, never a dull moment.
Carrie said…
I love Drew - and so does Samuel! He cracks me up. What a smart kid. And good for him for remembering what he learned that day at school.
shannon said…
So CUTE! I love that boy!!!
Moody Family said…
how funny is that lol