Happy Birthday Drew!


Drew with his light saber that Grandma & Grandpa Monson gave him!

It's hard to believe that our little 3 lb. preemie is 6 years old! It seems like yesterday that we were in the hospital fighting for our lives and hoping that everything would be ok. I remember sitting in the hospital by myself wondering how long he'd be in the NICU and when we would be able to take him home. Always around his birthday, I remember all of the friends and family members who jumped in to serve and help our little family at that time. I still have such gratitude for the outpouring of love we felt! We were so very blessed in that situation. He fought hard to breathe on his own and to thrive. This little man is a fighter and a very independent dude with his very own agenda. And when he was diagnosed with CP, I never would've imagined him running around at recess and carrying his own backpack. Drew, we love you. You are such a special little man & our lives would not be quite so exciting without you!

Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
Happy birthday, Drew! Thanks for making us all smile :)
Nikki said…
What an amazing story. I didn't know he was born at just 3 pounds. We love you, Drew! Happy birthday!!!
Holly Child said…
Awwww...Happy Birthday Drew!!
Adam and Melisa said…
6? Are you sure? Where has the time gone? Happy Birthday Drew!
Katie said…
That Drew! What a kid! And by the way, I figured out the google reader thing, so I can stop stalking you now! :)
Emma said…
So I see that you are reading THREE books right now. Does someone have a little time on their hands since school started?
And your mom rocks! Tell her I want a light saber next year for my birthday!