One of those weeks...

Being a mother is hard. It's also wonderful, discouraging, fantastic, stressful, awesome, nerve-racking, and the most cliche term...REWARDING. This week I have had my almost 9 year old (yep, I'm in complete denial) talk to me TWICE about training bras. Seriously? What is the obsession these 3rd graders have with that right now?? You don't have anything to train. I keep telling her that she needs to continue to enjoy the "freedom" for as long as possible. OY VAY!


Drew has started picking his nose. I know, right? And don't pretend your kid has never done it...please. And if they haven't, just wait. Sick! Why has it never before been an issue? What is it about the olfactory orifice that is suddenly so magnetically attractive to his pointer finger???? HELP!


Ethan spends all day making mess after mess. This morning while cleaning up all the DVD's that he pulled out of the entertainment center in the family room, I heard him in the living room pulling all my Work and the Glory books off the shelf. This is a daily occurrence. MULTIPLE times daily. And he likes to take off the covers, too, just to shake it up a bit! YIKES!
Ok, I'm done with venting for the day. I may not get everything I need to accomplish done, but at least I'm trying. I may not know how to make my 8 year old girl stop growing up or how to teach my 6 year old son to stop picking his nose (at least he doesn't eat it...yet), or how to teach my 18 month old to stop destroying everything, but the laundry is clean, we bathe on a regular basis, and we are "seriously so blessed".


Comments

Allie said…
Gavin does the same thing! Really he takes the covers off too! Today he took our shoe rack and dumped all the shoes off and ran around the house with it. Its doesn't sound like much but we have a ton of shoes on there and its a pain to organize them again!
Nikki said…
Oh boy, I'm guessing all her friends are wearing them and it's the popular thing to do. I can't believe they talk about that. I would have died of shame if anyone mentioned it to me when I was her age. I suppose she's more normal, though, than I was.
Adam and Melisa said…
I feel your pain!! I once heard a news article or something that said if you let your kids eat their bugers it actually helps build their immunity!:) I am still trying to teach my 4-year-old to poop in the toilet! Hey....at least you have the laundry done! Pretty soon Syd will want an i-phone, hollister jeans, and whatever else expensive fad is in right now! They have no idea what bras are really like...do they?!!!
Emma said…
Is picking your nose bad?.. Not that I do it or anything... Tell Syd I will let her borrow one of my bras and she will stop asking about it fast! And I might need to borrow Ethan so that I can baby proof my house!
Kelly said…
I can always count on a good laugh when I look at your blog.
Yes.. you are blessed it could be worse! Good luck!
Katie said…
Send Ethan over to my house! He can smear chocolate cake in the rug and get all of his craziness out! I won't tell Darrin either!
mindy said…
Being a Mom of one is hard enough, I can't imagine three. I think you do awesome. We missed you last night. Next time D is gone, we should hang out and do something with the kids.
Emilee said…
All to familiar! The joys of motherhood! There is nothing better than laying in bed each night (when the house is finally silent)knowing that we made it through another day.
Kim
McAllister's said…
ok so totally random comment. Can you take tutorials to help you learn photoshop? And is is easy to download templates and things off the internet? I am really looking for something to scrapbook with but I want it to be reletively easy, I do learn fast, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I can't run. Let me know. Mandi
Megan B ♥ said…
We're very advanced in the nosepicking thing. Kinley's been doing it for yeeeeeears. I'm hoping we are able to put off this training bra conversation of which you speak!!!! She also likes to put her clothes and hair in her mouth when she's reading or watching television. She has teeth marks in everything!!
Bek said…
Yes, we are doing the nosepicking here too.. and little people with flat noses have EXTRA room for picking (norah JUST started...)gah.

BTW.. my married name is Bingham and I married someone from the London mission. I will never forget that Darrin picked me up from the airport the first day there! That was a LONG time ago.
BTW..the bra thing must be because of her friends (that have older sisters). I find that all the grown up stuff that my 8 year old wants to talk about comes from her friends with older siblings.. we just let her have cami's-- but she has been asking for a YEAR....