Tangent Tuesday

#1. Did we seriously give the front page of People Magazine to Clay Aiken last week for "coming out"? Did they do it because of the weirdness of having his 50 year old BFF be the surrogate mother, or because he's not straight?? I'm confused. And please don't tell me that I was the only one who knew he was gay, ummm....let's see, oh that's right...the day he auditioned. He looks so macho and manly in this picture, I was SHOCKED when I heard the big news last week. Please.

#2. Why is it that when you enter the verification code on Blogger, that it has a handicap sign there? What exactly does that mean? If I can't read the letters in the code, I'm handicapped? Don't get it!

#3. Ok, I get it that people love their pets. That's totally cool. What I don't get is what happened a bit ago at the mall. I was waiting for Syd in the hall outside the restrooms and a college aged girl came walking toward me holding her dog. The men's room door opened and a mall manager happened to be the one coming out...he told her she couldn't have the dog in the mall. The girl was shocked and appalled and when her male friend finally emerged from the bathroom, she told him that they had to leave because "Precious" was not allowed to be there. I'm sorry...why was this a shock? Can you not leave your dog home for a couple hours while you go shopping? Let's please not even consider the possibility of a random shopper with a dog allergy going into anaphylactic shock because there is a dog in the "human" mall. What about the poo?If canines are anything like children, they don't ever have to go to the bathroom until they enter a store or mall. It's like the sound of money being exchanged suddenly sends their bladders and bowels into full gear.I'm pretty sure that someone really smart who likes their pets a whole lot, came up with a little store called PETSMART. It's an actual store where they WELCOME your pet and there are all kinds of things to buy...FOR THAT PET. Perhaps they should've called it PEOPLEDUMB because we're not all grasping this concept. So the point of this tangent? Just a friendly reminder to all those who are NOT using a seeing-eye dog...leave your doggy at home while you run to the mall/store. Or stay home. (harsh)

**Please do not leave me comments about your animal. I'm not an animal hater, I just really don't think they need to be carried around shopping centers. Sorry! **

Comments

Sheila Hansen said…
I blame Paris Hilton! I am with you sis and you are always entertaining! Love ya
shannon said…
I LOVE you. And Teal LOVES you too!
Angie said…
Amen! Thanks for the chuckle. I second what you said about Clay, I can't even look at him anymore, he's so feminine. It drives me crazy. And I am with you on the dog thing too. That is too funny you actually saw that occur. Poor Precious! Anyway, I think Tangent Tuesday should become a weekly thing!
Jessie Hansen said…
OMG!!!!!!! You are so funny! I am an animal hater. Thats right...I'll claim it so you don't have to! You rock!
Emma said…
I LOVE tangent Tuesday! Is this going to be a regular installment, or just something we get every now and then!?
I do feel the same even being the biggest animal lover I know, pets at the store is gayer than Clay!
Trav and Linds said…
Seriously you crack me up! I love your little tangent tuesday! Dang funny stuff we all wonder I'll just type in my handicap word verification now.
Holly Child said…
You are freaking hilarious!!! :o)
Megan B ♥ said…
Love it!!! #1 -- Clay Aiken. I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. Still can't believe it... WOW. WOOOOOOOW. LOL, whatever...

#2 -- I FINALLY figured out the handicap thing. Click it and it will READ the letters out loud for you :)

#3 -- Depending on my mood and on the behavior of the animal... I could be classified as an animal hater at times... I hate going to people's houses and having a dog jump up into my lap and lick my face or sniff my crotch. I feel sooooooo violated.
Adam and Melisa said…
And seriously...why do we buy our pets outfits people?! THEY HAVE FURRRRR!
Nikki said…
Well you know me, I LOVE animals, but what you may not know is that I detest animal owners who "own" incorrectly. So taking Precious to the mall is definitely on my black list (they make the rest of us look so bad!). Oh, and as someone who adores dogs, I give you all permission to kick anyone's dog who attempts to sniff your crotch. It is a violation and the dog's owner needs to be taught a lesson. If they're not going to train their dogs, then they should know their dogs are going to get kicked. I've kicked quite a few myself :D (insert evil crescending laughter here) but seriously, I have.
Jen Lynn said…
that was an awesome post.

I strongly dislike animals (hate is too harsh).

And seriously, Clay, how much did he pay People for that? Was that really news worthy?

And Nikki's comment was great too.
Tiffany said…
I loved this Andrea. My neighbors have a "princess" dog and it drives me bonkers every time they talk to her and dress her up. The dog even has her own special carseat. I crack up every time I see them put her in it.
You crack me up! I agree with all of the above!! oh- and I really want to go to a store called PEOPLEDUMB! :-)
connie
Anonymous said…
You crack me up! And I totally agree with you! I think you should make Tangent Tuesday a regular thing and maybe you should branch out and write a column or something...it's every bit as good as the stuff they had on Starter Wife the other day! Keep typing-Love it!