We've been violated!

So this morning as I jumped in the car in my pajamas to get the kids to school, I noticed there was stuff all over the van...a couple pair of sunglasses, my mail key, etc. Then I realized it...EVERY one of my dash drawers was open(I have 3)...the change was gone, the cord that connects my ipod was hanging out. What was my immediate reaction? "kids, did either one of you get in here looking for something and maybe take a little somethin' for you piggy banks?" their response was "No, I promise!" So I called Darrin to let him know that we had a visitor last night and he should check HIS car, since he carries all kinds of valuable stuff. I was thinking they came in the side door that comes into the garage from the outside, which Drew unlocked yesterday and I didn't know. So, Darrin called me back...his passenger side door was left open a crack, but only his Sam's club membership was missing. And oh, he left the garage door open all night by accident! Apparently while we were sitting here in our FR watching tv last night until 12:30, we had someone ransacking through our things. I must've scared them off when I locked the kitchen door that leads to the garage and set the house alarm. I don't care that all of maybe $3 was stolen out of the van, but I do care that someone violated us once again...this is the third time crap like this has happened to us (first time in this neighborhood), and it's ALWAYS the ONE time we don't put down the garage door or don't lock the cars. The police told us last time this happened that when they steal change like that, it's usually a druggie trying to get their hands on any money they can. So crazy. So neighbors, please put down your garage doors!

Comments

Allie said…
Yikes! Sometimes I forget to close my garage too. Thats scary!
Megan B ♥ said…
Kinley left our front door standing wide open this morning (though locked from the inside, for all the good it did) when we went to the bus stop. I walked around my house with my cell phone on 911, looking for predators... I am so sorry! So unbelievably obnoxious, scary, and maddening!!!!
Rachel said…
stuff like this makes me ticked and ready for a fight. i'm so sorry it happened again.

and wipe that stupid smile off your face for trying to picture me in a fight. i could do some damage. ha ha.

i must be getting more confrontational because i walked right up to chuck on sunday and let him have a piece of my mind. i was mad. it ended with him yelling, explaining the misunderstanding between us. he wasn't even mad at me. he only has one decibel level. i felt much better afterwards. i think now he knows i'm not afraid of him. at all.

and the look on aaron's face was worth doing it again. ha ha.
mindy said…
Okay, that freaks me out. Two weeks ago I came downstairs at 6:30 am to find my front door wide open. I had forgotten to lock it and it wasn't shut tight. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get robbed. So sorry about your break in.
Niels and Kayla said…
oh how scary! That is one of my biggest fears is getting broke into..Im so sorry!
Nikki said…
That freaks me out so bad. I always check all the windows and doors at night to make sure everything is locked and secured but hearing that this happened to you makes me extra paranoid!

Oh, I LOVE how you've decorated your blog.
Cindy Merris said…
We got robbed that night too. John forgot to put down the garage door as well, but we weren't as lucky. They theived his golf clubs and his i phone that he had just bought that day! Yesterday was a rough day for him. Sorry you guys got snagged too.
Jen Lynn said…
My SIL told me that her cousin used to tramp around Provo looking for open garage doors so that he could steal their valuables for drug money. Safe, easy, Provo. So crazy.
Melissa Sebourn said…
Sorry to hear about your vehicle being violated. My car was broken into twice when I lived in Provo (one time they punched out the passenger side window) what is it with Utah county and car break-ins?
eyre blog said…
3 times?!! Man you guys are big targets. And in Provo??!
Holly Child said…
Oh my gosh! How scary!!!