No pirate patch...

Today Darrin had surgery on his eye. They removed the scar tissue (can't spell the actual name of it) that was on his eyeball, cut a piece out of a different part of his eye, and sutured it where the scar tissue was...a nice graft. Anyway, it was the first time he's ever been put under. He did pretty well, except for the puking. So, if you run into him anytime soon, he's not stoned. And if you have the stomach for it, take a looksy at the teeny tiny stitches on his eyeball.

I'll be honest, I was hoping for an eye patch. I was planning on saying "ARRRRRH, Matey," to him all day and having a pirate party for FHE, but that didn't work out since there was no patch involved.

That's all I have to say about that...

Comments

Katie said…
I have to be honest- I'm glad that you didn't post a picture. I can't imagine stitches on the eye. I hope that he's feeling better soon!
Nikki said…
First of all- you are hilarious. I'm sure he appreciated that :) Second: it is amazing to me that they can stitch an eyeball. Holy. Cow.
Megan B ♥ said…
You tell that man he has my empathy. I have a great imagination where eye pain is concerned. And I can't WAIT to see the stitches!!! How did he get scar tissue there?
Carrie said…
Stitches on the eye? That is crazy. I hope that all goes well.
Adam and Melisa said…
Hope Darrin is doing well. I think you should got buy an eye patch and tell him that the Dr. told you he needs to wear it for at least a week!! Ahoy!!
Dawn Harvey said…
I love it! Pirate party, that is sweet. I'm glad his un-spellable word eye problem is fixed...You have such a sweet family. I love reading all your news. Blogging is seriously the greatest thing ever created.