Until We Meet Again


Last Thursday night, Sydney and I went to visit Grandpa. I held his hand. He likes to have someone holding his hand...I was on one side, my aunt Diane was on the other. I fed him applesauce while Sydney worked on her class Valentine's. He spoke (with much effort) to us as we said goodbye and told him we love him. He even raised his arm and gave us a little feeble wave goodbye.




He passed away this morning at 3:30 a.m. Finally he's reunited with Grandma. I'm so grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that I have that I will see him again. Thanks for being patient with me as I've gone through this process & have shared it on my blog. It's therapeutic. Don't be surprised if I post his obituary tomorrow.

Comments

Holly Child said…
Sorry to hear that! :o( You're in my thoughts!
Katie said…
Grandpa's hold a special place in my heart. They just make you feel like you are the most beautiful wonderful person that ever walked the earth! I'm sorry that yours won't be around here on the earth, but he'll still be around- especially for all of the important stuff.
And you go right ahead and post his obituary. My mom passed away 4 1/2 years ago and I still post about it!
Blogs are therepeutic. I'm glad you share, and I am sorry for your loss although I too am greatful for eternal families.
mindy said…
Andrea, I am so sorry. I'm thinking of you.
Carrie said…
It sounds like you had a very special relationship with your grandfather. What a blessing that you were able to be there, hold his hand, give him love, and comfort. Ditto what Katie said!
Kim said…
It is such a bitter sweet thing watching Grandparents go. Especially when you know they have their wife on the other side waiting for them. I'm sure it has been a hard week for the Monson family. I will be thinking of you. Love your posts. I think it is so great that you got to be with him there at the end. I don't get the old age thing. So hard to understand! Let's hope to just be twinkled in perfect health.
Mary said…
Yes, Thank Goodness for Eternal Families! Andrea, I read your post on the 11th and it was just beautiful- so well-written.