Therapy Session #215

It's 11:30 a.m.
It's one of THOSE days.
Got ready and all geared up to venture to the mall with Ethan, which is never an easy feat. I can pack all different kinds of snacks...he never wants what I've packed. He's content to be pushed along through the halls of the mall, but the minute I step into a store, he screams BLOODY MURDER. Unless it's the Disney store, of course. I prayed, literally, that he would cooperate today and let me get a few quick errands done.
Walked into the GAP...SCREAM. Hurried and handed him some crackers...worked for a few minutes....Ahh.
All of a sudden my phone is ringing...caller ID tells me it's the elementary school. Stomach drops. I know what they need....
Yes, Drew has wet his pants again. again. again. And it's of course on the day that I didn't send an extra set of clothes AND.... I'm in OREM.
I cried the whole way to the house to get the clothes. Now I have to take my CRAZY 2 year old into the school, which is never a good thing. I was driving like a bat out of hell because that's what mothers do when their child is sitting in the school office in wet pants (humiliated).
(Darrin, I think I need the radar detector from your car...)
What's my point?
First of all, sometimes when you are so frazzled, the only thing you can do is cry. And later it will all seem funny.
Secondly, even though you haven't had a Dr. Pepper in over a month, you leave the school and go straight through the drive-thru for a beverage. I'll be back on that wagon tomorrow, but today, it was very much needed. (good thing I'm not an alcoholic)
So, I got nothing accomplished and I will have a night away without any little people with me.
I will get my errands done later.
I will nurse this Dr. Pepper down to the very last sweet savory drop.
I will reapply my makeup.
(deep breath)



Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
Oh, Andrea. Bless you. I absolutely totally and completely HATE those kind of days. Shoulda taken your tears to Wingers. Free wings, ya know :)
Katie said…
Is it bad that I smiled through this whole post?!
I'm so sorry for the terrible day. Pat yourself on the back that you drove so fast to help Drew out. I wet my pants in the 2nd grade and my mom wasn't home (no cell phones back then). I had to wear pants that the school had. It wasn't pretty!
Adam and Melisa said…
You too huh?! My most fabulous day was Tuesday. Except instead of Dr. Pepper I resort to candy, cookie dough, and anything that will add 5lbs over night! How humiliating for Drew...so sorry. Glad you survived...and tomoroow is another day!...eeeek!
mindy said…
Oh I'm so so sorry. I hate horrible days and I'm sorry that Ethan is so hard at the store. Good thing that DP can solve everything.
raedene said…
Andrea!!! I'm so sorry.... Those kinds of days are just awful. Just know that you're not alone! And I love you tons! :)
Kim said…
I wanted to cry right along with you. There have been many days here lately that the littlest thing sets me right off and the tears come. What a great mom you are. Drew is so lucky to have you!! Who knew Motherhood would be so exciting? We could write some good books with just the everyday adventures in being a Mommy. Next time call me and we can go get a treat together. Not a DP drinker but how 'bout a cookie skillet?
Is it a bad thing that I still have those days at least twice a week and my kids are 7 and 11?? HELP!!! I was thinking it gets better, maybe one day huh?