Tangent Tuesday

If you are male, you can go ahead and skip this post. This is for the women.

Today I had the privilege of going in for my yearly exam (you know, the one I was supposed to have done twice by now). There's a reason (besides the obvious) that I HATE going there for appointments. I sat in the waiting room for an hour.
Then I finally got into a room where I had to put on the paper gown, which is like the toilet paper in Russia. At least make it out of Charmin or something. Surprisingly I ended up not waiting TOO long in that get-up before the Dr. came in.
(Ummm...my Dr. looks and sounds like one of our neighbors. It totally caught me off guard. )
Anyway, it's frustrating enough to go there when you're expecting a baby. It's even more frustrating when you AREN'T expecting a baby.
And then when there are issues that cannot be resolved easily, I LEAVE the office more frustrated.
And in tears.
And then off I go to get some fries and a frosty, because that will make things better for a little while.
And maybe I will top the day off with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. Pebbled ice, please.

Comments

Rachel said…
what issues, my dear? do tell me everything is alright.
Katie said…
First of all, I totally hate going for that exam as well. You feel totally violated when you leave, even if it is medically necessary.
Hopefully everything is alright with you?
And what neighbor did you Dr. remind you of? Weird!
Angie said…
I was just thinking today I need to make an appointment for that very same reason. I can't get myself to pick up the phone. It really is the worst. Hope everything is ok with you!
Man, I'm sorry!! I don't know what else to say...enjoy that Dr. Pepper!
Adam and Melisa said…
This calls for a Cherry Dr. Pepper...have you tried them?! It is my new favorite!!
mindy said…
What's going on? Everything okay? Dr. Pepper and Coke solve everything I've decided.
Holly Child said…
Ugh...I feel for ya! I had my yearly just a couple days before yours! I always walk out of there with a spring in my step because I know I don't have to go back for another year!! Yes...a nice cold one will solve anything! ;o) haha!
raedene said…
Don't you love it when they tell you that the problem you're dealing with is "normal"? Seriously... If it was NORMAL I wouldn't be telling you about it, would I????
raedene said…
Oh, yeah.... I just have to tell you that your new pic is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE it!
Carolyne said…
Frosties and french fries are wonderful after exam treats, aren't they?!
Nikki said…
I hope that it was just for your yearly exam and that nothing is wrong. Eeeeew, but I HATE exams, too. I can't bring myself to go to a male doctor, either, so I'm stuck with an inadequate, miss-all-the-signs-until-you-scream-it-at-her, floosey of a doctor who I'm sure only got her degree because her university was trying to get more female graduates. I'm not saying women doctors aren't as good, but mine happens to be a complete freaking eeeeediot!

Anyway, I hope you're doing okay.