Dance Like No One's Watching

Sydney with her twin cousins Brinley & Abby (their dance was SO cute!)
Katie and Me enjoying the show for the 50th time.
Katie's daughter, Mallory, with Sydney.

Sydney had her dance recitals this past weekend. It was a little crazy with dress rehearsals and 5 performances on Friday & Saturday, but she LOVED it and was so sad when it was all over. It was a great show they put together.
Katie and I are going to take the adult class next year for sure so we can participate in the recital. And then maybe audition for "So You Think You Can Dance?" Not really, though, because anyone who knows me well, knows that I already have the sweetest dance moves around, so I wouldn't want to make the other women in the class feel badly.
It's been a fun filled year of dance for Sydney. When I asked her a while ago what song they were dancing to, she said, "some really old fashioned song called...Freeze Frame."
Hmmm...yes, I know that really old fashioned song.
As a matter of fact, we had the record when I was growing up!!










Comments

Katie said…
Wait, what?! You really aren't going to take that class with me? You don't want to wear black spandex shorts and gold sequins and shake it in front of hundreds of people?!
Sydney was great! And thanks for suffering through it with me on the Saturday shows! It wouldn't have been the same without you!
Nikki said…
LOL. But seriously, Syndey looks so cute in her costume. I have Alex in ballet, but her teacher won't put her in the recital because she says she's too young. I was bummed and relieved at the same time because I know Alex wouldn't have done it anyway. What dance company do you go to?
Carrie said…
Sounds like it was a success! Sydney does look pretty cute. I know you and Katie really ARE going to take that class!
Kim said…
Gotta love those dance recitals! I hope Darrin is a little better sport about them than Jay. He has sat through 1 too many this year. Every girls gotta to dance at least sometime. And if you have 20 girls than there is a lot of dancing and a lot of performances!!Syd looks so cute! I can see you in a leotard working it!
raedene said…
I love that we're going through the same things together, even though we're no where near each other! We just went to Paige's recital... It's so much fun! Even Josh was bobbing his head to the music! (more like head-banging... but you know what I mean...) She looked so cute! And so does Sydney! How gorgeous can she be!?! SOOOOO stinkin' cute!