Bizarro Andrea

If you aren't a Seinfeld watcher, you don't know what I'm talking about, so for your benefit I have posted a link with a brief explanation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjSDZNbOs0

Have you ever gone to pick up pictures at Costco and gotten someone else's by mistake, even though you told them your name?

Have you ever emailed a business owner with a question about a product & gotten a response back saying, "I thought you were someone else I knew and I thought you were playing a joke."

Have you ever signed your daughter up for a dance class and had the studio owner ask for me to repeat your name because Andrea Oveson's daughter was already in that class?

Did you catch it? Andrea O-V-E-S-O-N.

We are not complete opposites, like Bizarro Jerry.
We apparently have similar tastes in photography, bathing suits, and dance studios. And probably some other things too.
We met face to face for the first time at the girls' dance recital and it was funny to talk to her about all the confusions around the Provo/Orem vicinity.
Pretty crazy, right? And she's my Facebook friend, too.
And how else would we be friends if not for the one R missing in her last name? (we are related, BTW)
Bizarro.

Comments

Tiffany said…
That's pretty funny. Growing up there was someone who lived on the other side of Naperville who supposedly looked just like me. I was only mistaken for her once, but (when I finally met her) she told me that she'd been mistaken for me a bunch. I don't even think we looked similar. Oh well...bizarro world. :)
Katy said…
When I taught at AFJH, there was another lady there named Kate Knight and people got us confused all the time. Then she got married and the confusion stopped.
Emily S. said…
That is hilarious! Glad you finally met her. Cute story.
shannon said…
Bizarro!

at least she's not a mini gymnast person. i get asked that one a lot.
(do i look like an olympic gold medalist)
I guess my height doesn't give it away.

ha
Jamie said…
That is hilarious.
Nikki said…
Wow, you've got a bizarro Andrea!
Kim said…
I love you met her. Your posts always make me smile. Hope you are enduring the summer!
Hendrickson said…
too crazy and extremely funny!!!
Mary said…
I was excited to become "Mary Memmott" when I got married as there were many other Mary Rogers besides me growing up. When I worked at a library as a newlywed I was very disappointed to discover that there were 2 other Mary Memmotts living in Davis County- and one of them was even Mary Elizabeth Memmott! I met one of the Mary Memmotts a couple of years ago at a family reunion- a former principal and very nice woman.
CoriO said…
She's probably related to you! Do you know the story of the family name - Overson used to be Oveson. The Mom