Tangent Tuesday

Facebook.
It's a love-hate relationship.

A few months ago, I was de-friended by someone. You know who you are. I know who you are. But as future reference to you & to any others who are looking to delete friends, I have some advice.

If you are the kind of person that updates your status MULTIPLE times a day, do you honestly think that the friends you delete are not going to notice that you have dropped off their homepage?? Come on!!
If you are a multiple status updater (as if anyone REALLY needs to know your every move 24 hours a day), then try to taper off how many times you update before deleting someone. It's pure common sense.

There SHOULD be some kind of deleting friends etiquette. There should be a form you can fill out and have delivered to their inbox to notify them they are being deleted. Some examples might include, but are not limited to:

Dear ______________,
I am deleting you as a friend because:

1. You never do anything on here but play Mafia Wars...do you even know how to use facebook?
2. We both know we were never really even friends in person, so why are we pretending to be via facebook?
3. If you take one more quiz and post the results, so help me....
4. Your updates are crude and disgusting and I don't want to see them anymore.

etc, etc.

I hope this will not cause awkwardness in our real life friendship, when I run into you, oh that's right, never.

Sincerely,
__________________




Comments

Katie said…
That's FUNNY!!!
Nikki said…
Oh Tangent Tuesday, how I've come to wait on you

Thanks for the laugh.
Jules said…
I love it, Andrea!!!!! And by the way, I didn't ACTUALLY delete you, I just threatened to. That doesn't count, right? Maybe you should send your proposed Delete a Friend form to Facebook for review.??? (and stop beating me at Bejeweled....UGGGGHHH!)
Tiffany said…
That made me laugh. I love it. :)
Megan B ♥ said…
hA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Hee heee HEEEE!! Wanna be my Farm Town neighbor? LOL!!
Andrea said…
I LOVE YOUR POSTS!!!
Carrie said…
HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing.
Anonymous said…
Pretty funny. I'm guilty of deleting people (not you). One of them was a cousin of mine but I did send him an e-mail telling him I wasn't to fond of the language I kept seeing on my page. I have another cousin that I'm pretty close to doing that to. Other people were people that I wasn't really ever friends with/were part of the newbie friend collecting stage of FB. I totally agree that FB is a love-hate thing. Totally!