Tangent Tuesday

Apparently, I look like I work at this store.
I usually don't go to the "college student infested" Wal-Mart.
Tonight I did.
And I was happy to answer a 20 something female who asked me if they sell sand and where she might find it. I'm sure my face had a puzzled look, but I answered her question and steered her in the right direction.

Literally 3 minutes later, TWO 20 something females asked me where they could find tinsel. Really? Tinsel? There are so many things wrong with that...

My response, you ask??

Me: "Ummm, just curious, do I look like I work here or do I just look old? Just wondering, because someone just asked me for help a few minutes ago."

Blonde 20 something: "Yes"

Me: "I look old or I look like I work here?"

Blonde 20 something: "Well, you just look like a Mom who might know where things are." (**sidenote-I was by myself with no children!**)

Me: "Ok. Well the tinsel is probably in the garden center which is currently housing all the Christmas decor."

(The sad thing is that I was able to help everyone tonight who asked for my assistance. Maybe it's time I trade in my green cardigan for a trendy blue vest!)




Comments

shannon said…
Blue does look good on you. Hmmmm maybe your trip should come sooner than later...you deserve it! :)
Jamie said…
You should get paid for your assistance!
That's too funny...maybe you should have a tip jar handy :-)
Kirsten said…
Ha Ha dont feel old! That happened to me last week at target... I guess thats what i get for wearing red. Also a lady asked if I have ever used the target brand diapers before. There were no kids with me! Maybe it was my just had a baby bump and my huge purse or the fact i was cruising target by myself on a friday night. I kept wondering what made her think I have kids.
Anonymous said…
Hahahahaha!
Megan B ♥ said…
LOL!!

I just keep WAITING for a Biggest Loser post from you.... I think of you and giggle every time Tracy does something crazy. Like, always. Hard to believe that Heba actually seems normal in comparison, eh?
Kim said…
You crack me up. I am the Walmart queen! I am there every day if not twice a day. If you get a job there let me know and I will join you. A little extra cash would be nice.
Tammie said…
LOL...you crack me up!! Atleast she said that you looked like a Mom rather then looking old....right??
Mary said…
Andrea- I have just given your blog an award! Go to my blog to receive it.
Melissa Sebourn said…
I usually have such a hard time finding ANYONE to help me there, I guess I should start shopping with you!
Nikki said…
That's hilarious. Funny that you knew where everything was and somehow people could tell you knew.... though they were a bit rude and brainless about it ;)