Thank you, Shriners!

Sometimes I feel sorry for Drew...like in the spring/summer when he can't throw flip flops on and run around. Or when he can't jump on his bike and ride down the sidewalk with his friends.



But now he can!




Thanks to the donors at Shriners, Drew has a brand new adaptive bike!




We started looking for something like this online a few months ago. They cost around $750. I remembered him riding something similar at Shriners during some PT sessions, so we gave them a call, they did an assessment on him and a few weeks later, it arrived in the color he chose.


And... it was free because there are amazing people in our world who donate money to help children with special needs!


Comments

Katie said…
That bike is super cool. I want one! I'm so happy for Drew! I expect to see him cruising around with the dirty dozen all over the neighborhood now!
Rachel said…
the look on his face is priceless. i love it! there is nothing like the thrill of riding a bike for the first time.

thank you wonderful people of the world who made this possible!
Tiffany said…
That's awesome! I'm so happy for him!! :)
Jennifer said…
Yay for Drew! I bet he can't wait to ride all around the neighborhood now. Congratulations!
That's awesome! I am so glad he something to ride and I bet he will love it!
ReNae said…
How exciting!!! So happy for Drew, I love his sweet big smile!!!
Tracey Minaker said…
How exciting! Wish we were there to see him riding through the neighborhood.
Kim said…
You can see the excitement written all over his face. Way cool! All the other kids will be wishing they had one!
shannon said…
love it. love it. love it.
Susan said…
Now THAT is wonderful, truly!
Carrie said…
I love it! That is so awesome that you were able to get that for him through Shriners! He looks awesome on it too. He's going to have a line of people wanting to ride it!
Megan B ♥ said…
I am so happy for him! He looks so great on it, so thrilled. I happen to seriously dig the color too...