Refurbished



This was my Mom's headboard...totally light 80's wood. I painted, distressed & glazed it.
Mom's corner cabinet. I didn't do a lot to it, other than give it a fresh coat of paint and a smoky glaze.

I painted our old headboard & nightstand a rich chocolate brown.

I painted, distressed & glazed Mom's cedar chest & added new oil rubbed bronze handles. This will go in the guestroom with the corner cabinet.

YAY! The guestrooms are finished! Now to decorate!
We also painted a twin bed frame that was handed down from Mom's too. It's Ethan's new big boy bed, in navy blue. No more painting for us for a while!






Comments

Tracey Minaker said…
You have done a fabulous job. They all look great. I am sure it will be nice to have your mom's stuff surround you. Hope you are doing okay.
Jennifer said…
You've been busy! That looks like a lot of hard work, but it all turned out beautifully!
shannon said…
Wow! You have been busy! It all looks really great! I would be way too nervous to take on such big projects!! (the temple portrait about exceeds my limits). ;). Good work!!!
wow, great job!! You make my little lamp look like nothing. But I want to do more later. You have great taste I love it all. And what a great way to use your mom's stuff.
Emma said…
Minus when you come to help me paint awesome things like that! Her bed is amazing! And you did a great job!
monsonka said…
Love it all!!! What kind of glaze did you use? I want to paint the bookshelf black and get that same look so please share your secrets!
Kylee said…
Looks great!! Remember that entertainment center I bought from my BFF Stacy Bailey? Well, I'm going to re-paint it..so I might be calling you for some ideas you wonderful crafty lady!
Carrie said…
They all look fantastic! I love what you have done with them. I know who to come to when I am ready to refurbish some furniture!
Kim said…
Such Talent! I love it! Do you think you could come over and help me? Or maybe Jason and I could have a stay in your guest room sometime.?
Adam and Melisa said…
You've been busy! I want to come stay in your guest rooms just to adore the furniture! Can you teach me how to re-finish all my old furniture?...what can you do with a vinyl couch?
Megan B ♥ said…
Holy cow, what a BEAUTIFUL job you have done with it! Absolutely gorgeous! When is my check-in date at hotel Overson?