How to {not} spend a Saturday

Started out at the park for my niece's birthday celebration. Ethan helped her blow out her candles. Then he tried to get off the picnic table bench and his foot got caught. He fell forward and cut his head on the table seat right behind him. We headed to Springville to Instacare for stitches. This picture was taken in between gushing.
Then he had one of the worst diapers I have ever seen. So I cleaned that up while Darrin continued to put pressure on the gash.(Darrin was a trooper. A covered in blood kind of trooper.)
After all the trauma there, they told us we needed to go to the ER. The cut was so deep his skull was showing and they couldn't do 2 layers of stitches without sedation...which they cannot do at Instacare. So off we went to the ER.
(because we're made of money...aren't you?)





Darrin needed to finish his golf tournament (finished 4th, BTW) and my big brother, Grant (THANK YOU!!) met me at the hospital for backup while we waited. And waited. And waited.
The nurse turned him into a superhero.
He ran all over the ER. The staff said they'd never seen a kid like him.
Ever.
Should I take that as a compliment?
Probably not.

After 2 hours, they sedated him. See? He's sedated, but his eyes don't really close. Creepy.
Lots and lots of stitches later...

All stitched up and waiting to "come to".
One of the nurses came in when he was like this and said, "oh...he's so cute...when he's sleeping."
When we got home, he was like a kid you wind up before swinging at a pinata. I was worried he'd need another set of stitches just from trying to walk around our house.
But, alas, he's back to his normal, wild self.
Long day.
BIG thanks to Robin, Kylee, Ashton, Jeff, Katie and Andria for help with Syd and Drew.
Good night.

Comments

Poor Little Guy. I bet he has a headache this morning.
Kim said…
You could write a book. That little guy keeps your life so exciting. I loved the cape! I hope you are hanging in there this summer with everyone home. Let's meet at the park with kids some day.
wendy and brig said…
oh poor Ethan, hope he is feeling better.
Katie said…
Okay, so those pictures make me cringe- the blood and just thinking about having to deal with the stress of having an injured child. How did you not have a migraine by the end of the day?! Maybe you did!
Angie said…
Oh, that POOR BABY!! He looks so sad. You gotta love that sedation. Did they give him Ketamine? Sophie tried to take the end of her finger off in the door at church in January, and we had a similar ER trip with sedation. The picture of Ethan reminds me of her - laying there with eyes open but totally out of it. That was NOT my favorite moment. I hope he is feeling better soon!!
Andrea you are a good woman.
I second that you are a good woman! Poor Ethan and you.
raedene said…
Oh. My. Heavens.
Girl!!! You're amazing.
Adam and Melisa said…
You're made of money too?! I'm glad there are people like us around to keep the ER in business!! I'm sure he's had no trouble bouncing back!! Make's for a long day though!
Megan B ♥ said…
Oh, dear Jack Jack. Methinks you may have many more trips to the ER in the future with this ambitious, energetic little guy!
Tammie said…
It sounds like you need a LONG vacation :) I hope that he is feeling better. I love reading your posts. No dull moments :)
anna said…
ANDREA!!!! Life is never dull at your house. I hope you are up for a haircut tomorrow. I will talk to you then.