One year

Saturday marked the one year mark since Mom passed away. I thought the day was going to be harder than it was, but really, it was just another day gone by where my heart aches for her. I know that I can make it without her, because I've done it now for one year. I'm not saying it's easy. I don't think that heartache ever goes away. But I know that she is pain free and happy where she is. I also know that I will see her again, and that knowledge brings peace and comfort. Grant, Robin & Ashton came down and Darrin & I joined them at the temple. What better way to celebrate Mom's life? She was dedicated to temple attendance and was there TWICE the week before she died (even though she was in tremendous pain)...once with Sheila and me, and the next with dear mission companions from years ago.

I miss you, Mom. I miss our daily talks. I miss teasing you and making you laugh. I miss hanging out with you. I miss your cooking (& wish you had written down those recipes of yours that were in your head & can't be duplicated!!) I miss your interaction with our kids, and they miss that too. I love you!  

Comments

shannon said…
Great post Andrea. Love you.
Xoxo
Katie said…
Now I'm missing my Mom.
BUT, that wedding picture does make me smile! I love it! :)
Tracey Minaker said…
Love the photo. I never realized just how much Sydney looks like you. I am sure your mom is looking down on you.
Kylee said…
This is sweet. Sure to love ya!
Kim said…
What a great post. What a year it has a been. I remember that beautiful bride! I love that picture of the two of you. Where does time go?
Megan B ♥ said…
What an awesome way to honor her memory, in the temple. You're awesome!! And you look like you are 13 in that picture... just sayin'...