I'm going to preface this post by saying that days like this really only happen when Darrin is out of town.
Truly.
Sydney had a sore throat last night. When the kids woke up this morning, Drew had one too. So we stayed home from church. By mid morning, it was clear that Syd had strep...fever, nausea, really red throat. I called the after hours clinic and they got her in. Darrin's family is out of town, so RaDawn came over to sit with the boys while I took Sydney. {thanks, RaDawn, and thanks Jodi & Katie for offering to help}.
Positive for strep. We headed over to Rite Aid to get her meds. While I'm there, RaDawn texts to tell me that Ethan messed his pants. RaDawn's kids are grown...her youngest is getting ready to go on a mission. She doesn't have grandkids. It's been a while since she had to change a nasty diaper. But she did it anyway, because she's a great friend.
The afternoon went pretty smoothly. Ethan was bouncing off the walls. The older kids were quarantined to the basement. Ethan went down to visit them and decided he'd play around in the toilet and he'd also spray half the can of bathroom spray. The basement smells like "clean linen"...so much in fact, that you can't even be down there. Jodi brought over a yummy fruit salad and that was delicious. So far, so good.
A little later, Drew appeared from the basement complaining of headache and stomach ache and saying his throat still hurt. So, once again, we headed to the doctor. This time, I put Ethan to bed and Syd was in charge.
Positive for strep. We headed back over to Rite Aid & paid for the Rx. Then we went to the front register to pay for some children's ibuprofen, and Drew started puking.
And he didn't stop.
I was holding his hand for balance, so he threw up all down my leg and all over his shoes (BRAND NEW) and the floor. Holy cow!!! Is this really happening??
Note to self: don't feed the kids quesadillas when strep is running rampant.
And Ethan greeted me at the door when we got home. Perfect!
And he didn't stop.
I was holding his hand for balance, so he threw up all down my leg and all over his shoes (BRAND NEW) and the floor. Holy cow!!! Is this really happening??
Note to self: don't feed the kids quesadillas when strep is running rampant.
And Ethan greeted me at the door when we got home. Perfect!
Oh, did I mention that Darrin was supposed to roll in tonight around 11? During all this, he called...the weather between Beaver and Nephi was bad, so they stopped to spend the night.
Comical. The whole day was hilarious. So much in fact, that I have a raging headache that not even a bag of Cadbury mini eggs can cure! (yes, I said BAG. Who are you to judge?)
But at least my kids will be on the mend.
I'll be booking a trip by myself somewhere in the VERY near future! Anyone want to go with me? : )
But at least my kids will be on the mend.
I'll be booking a trip by myself somewhere in the VERY near future! Anyone want to go with me? : )
How was your day?
Comments
When it rains it pours! Where ever and when ever you are going on your trip - I'm coming along. :)
I'm glad that you had the Cadbury eggs on hand to offer a small moment of pleasure! :)
Wow.
I want to come on the trip too! When do we leave? ;)