In support of Steve

This is Steve. 
About 9 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer.
The cancer was removed and he has been cancer free since then.
 About 5 years ago, his father passed away from colon cancer. 
Not long after that, one of his sisters was diagnosed with breast cancer.
She passed away in December. 
A few weeks later, his wife, Nancy, was diagnosed with breast cancer.
And within a few weeks of Nancy starting her treatments, they found out that Steve's cancer has returned.
So, in support of Steve and the entire Kirk family, Darrin and his friends have shaved their heads.
We love you, Steve and Nancy! 

                  Jamie
Brad
 
Troy
Brent
Dave

                                                                             Darrin

 Ethan kissing Daddy's bald head

 
Drew, on the other hand, was freaking out!!! He was crying and refused to look at Darrin. He was crying while we were doing it..."I'm going to have the ugliest father in the whole world!!"  I think he's getting used to it now, though!

Comments

shannon said…
So funny!
Come on Drew...I think your dad pull sit off nicely! :)
haha!
Amber said…
so cute :) love your blog! miss you! CHEESEBALL!!
Goodness, what suffering for their family. I hope that the prognosis is good.
Jennifer said…
I cried for Steve and his family when I read this. I will be praying for them!

I love how Darrin and his friends are showing their support!
Hillary said…
Cancer SUCKS! That is how I felt when I read this. I wanted to get out my pin and wear it again for all to see after I read your post. What a sad thing. I am so glad that Darrin is also supporting him. I hope Steve knows how much Darrin must love him to shave his head. Makes me want to shave my head too! Love You Guys! Drew is the best :)
Sheila Hansen said…
So tired of this freakin word! You are a great friend, Darrin. I'm sure you think it is a small way to support and only wish if more of you got together and shaved your heads that it would make the cancer go away! If only!!!!!
Drew, you make aunt Sheila laugh! You are adorable and your Daddy still is too. God bless Steve and his family!
raedene said…
So, so sweet of these men to support their brother... Awsome! Love you guys! :)
mindy said…
Steve's sister is my hairdresser and a very good friend for years. I met Nancy and their daughter the other day while I was there. Praying and thinking of their family in this difficult time. Glad Steve has such supportive friends.