Honoring Mothers



 It was a good Mother's Day. I'm lucky to have a really good hearted husband who does all he can to make my day the best. This year was really difficult for me...I don't know why. I've already been through a Mother's Day without Mom, but this year was rough. Really rough. I went out to the cemetery all by myself in the pouring rain and put roses at Mom's grave. People ask why I do this. I suppose it's a little therapeutic. She's still my Mom and always will be, so I feel like I'm honoring her by putting flowers and things there. I had a really good cry. A really, really, body wracking good cry, before heading to the Overson's for dinner. Thanks, Darrin and my 3 kids for making my day a good one!
(as a side note...and just so I remember in a couple years when I'm scrapbooking this, Ethan escaped Sunbeams and couldn't be found. Darrin and I found him outside, across the parking lot, under a tree. Happy Mother's Day...Love, Ethan.)

Comments

Megan B ♥ said…
I think the grief thing will continue to be up and down, sigh.... catching you when your guard is down because you think you'll be a-ok. At least the rain washed your tears away, right? Love you.
Katie said…
Yeah, I think for me the 2nd was worse than the first. You are still so numb and in shock the first go around and year two the reality of it all is much more in your face.
I'm really sorry that you had a hard day. I wish that I could say that the pain goes away, but it doesn't. :( It does get easier to deal with/handle the pain.
Hang in there.
Kylee said…
love you, Andrea.
fyi you look smokin' and i love your skirt. and i love you.