Primary Program

Once upon a time there was a 4 year old boy.
He has autistic tendencies in a big way, but hasn't been officially diagnosed.
He likes to do things HIS way.
He did not want to perform in the Primary Program, and his Mother was in tears on Saturday because she was extremely frustrated with her stubborn 4 year old. When they would practice his part, instead of saying "we close our eyes", he would say, "I pooped my pants."


And his Daddy was out of town.



But on Sunday, by some miracle (and a little coaxing by his teacher), he got on the stand, said his WRITTEN part, and made it ALMOST to the end.
So when it was over and he asked to go home to play Lego Batman, his wish was granted.
His mother was happy and would've said yes to just about anything he may have asked for.
So yes,
he played Lego Batman in his underwear.
The end.



Comments

Prayers are answered. So glad things went well. I can't believe how much Ethan looks like Drew.
Megan B ♥ said…
Ha ha ha, nice reward :) And well deserved!
Thank goodness for tender mercies! Hang in there!
raedene said…
Do you have your "SuperMom" costume ready for Halloween? (except, you wear it EVERY day, so you probably want to go as something else...) You're amazing. :)
Katie said…
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! I kind of wish that he had said that he pooped his pants! :) AND I wish I could have been there to see it! :) I miss Ethan!
Sheila Hansen said…
Katie, you crack me up! I am sure Grandma Monson helped a bit that day, but she was probably torn between letting him add the poop. I can just see her snickering behind her little hands! Andrea, you really are a trooper extraordinaire!!!!! xoxoxo