Ethan has never had a birthday party, mostly because he's never asked. And we only do (friend) birthday parties every other year for the kids. This year he was SO excited to have a party and chose Lego Star Wars as his theme.
Tyler, Elliot, Parker, Ethan & Milo
Mind you, I've never seen any Star Wars movie in my whole life. The closest I've ever come is the Star Tours ride at Disneyland. For the food, I downloaded a Star Wars font and made name cards for the food (Vader-ade, Bow Ba Fett Pasta, Hutt dogs, Princess Lays, Light sabers, Hans Rolos, and Wookie Cookies) I made the table cloth out of some cute Star Wars fabric.
I made a banner out of some other cute Star Wars fabric that I found. Ethan loves it and wants to hang it in his room.
One of the games we played was "Hot Death Star", which was a ball that I covered in foil.
I made light sabers from pool noodles, duct tape, and electrical tape. The boys had to keep a balloon off the ground by using the light sabers only.
Then we played BINGO with some cards I found on the internet.
Ethan making his wish. I bought cupcakes (gasp) and put in some toppers I printed from the internet.
Then we let the boys take their sabers outside while we waited for parents to come.
They took their loot bags and headed home...
Leaving one very happy {almost} 6 year old...
and 2 pretty worn out parents!
Comments